Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2020

Summer exploration

The Cub or for some of us Wolf Cub in spirit is active, keeping himself fit physically and mentally alert both indoors and out  even if as with yesterday I was restricted due to the torrential rain to where I could go and had to dry off.

The countryside is not a bowling green, flat and devoid of interest but has wild plants and flowers that support a rich environment with many insects which I have an interest in such as the white and red admiral butterflies that were dancing around me this weekend.
Wild flowers have always interested me from a boy from the poppies that grew on the now decommissioned mineral railway line that which just behind of our house and the along the paths and hedgerows of the farms nearby.

Carefully studying them, noting how they are growing the various species of insects around them is one way I keep my mental alertness up.

No comments:

Post a Comment