Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2019

The spirit of the young cub


This may not be the best photograph out there of a younger cub scout although I have tried to enhance it a little but to me it's the spirit of how I may of looked in '71/2 just eligible to become one, gangly, thin and possessed of a cheerful outlook wanting to hum or sing short songs for the sheer fun of it.

Walking along today I heard two children of the same sort of an age merrily doing just that walking back with Mum and a dog in tow and it came over me to question where all that tends to go and why those I knew in cubs kept more of that.

I think because it recognizes work is better when looked on as an opportunity than unwanted downer and that scouting especially in cubs accepts children are just that and plays to your juvenileness creating spaces for it rather than trying to knock it out of you.

The obvious examples to me are cub games, campfire singing and gang shows.

Thank goodness B-P understood that!

No comments:

Post a Comment