Pages

Thursday 8 November 2018

Looking back at Remembrance

Sunday is Remembrance Sunday this year so I thought in this blog I'd post a a bit about that as it applies with Scouting.



For a good many years from childhood with my older brother I did go from door to door selling Poppies which in this country are made for the Royal British Legion and I'd join him parading as he was an older scout
Parades were rather like that, in groups such as Scouts, Girl Guides, Boys Brigade, then people like the Roayl British Legion, local notables and politicians followed by the Member of Parliament and their security people.

Although I wasn't good on my feet I enjoyed marching and joining in with it all as remembring the people who died for our freedom and country matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment